A fresh scent surrounds you as you stand in the middle of a field of green leaves. The green leaves conceal small, pale pink flowers that open up to the sun that you can feel on your skin. Sprinklers keep this coin field in America well moist. This field full of mint plants is the production center for the Peppermint oil from dōTERRA.; one of dōTERRA’s most sought after oils.
Dried peppermint leaves were found in the ancient Egyptian pyramids dating back to about 1000 BC. Since time immemorial peppermint is believed to have a variety of uses. Today, peppermint is used in cosmetics, foods and healthcare.
This sought-after oil from dōTERRA acts on our bodies, our emotions and our minds. It contributes to a healthy digestion, has a direct effect on the mood and is an insect repellent. Adding a drop to water or a smoothie gives it a refreshing twist. Breathe in Peppermint by dōTERRA when you are tired, nervous or tense. Rub a drop of Peppermint on the temples for a soothing effect on the head. Because of its many uses, Peppermint is one of dōTERRA’s best-selling oils.
The optimistic heart
Peppermint is the oil of the optimistic heart. In fact, dōTERRA’s Peppermint oil can help turn negative and pessimistic feelings into positive ones. By using Peppermint oil, we can support an optimistic heart and ensure relief. Through Peppermint, we can feel the power to deal with “emotional pain”.
All the negative emotions we encounter help us to grow. Negative emotions affect our intestinal tract and because Peppermint has a supportive effect on both, it can be used well with negative thoughts and emotions.
Apply Peppermint yourself
- Supports healthy breathing: Put a drop of Peppermint in your palms, make a bowl over your nose and inhale. Peppermint by dōTERRA in a diffuser helps with proper breathing during your workout.
- Fresh breath: Drop 1 drop of Peppermint oil in your mouth for fresh breath.
- Digestion: Peppermint supports healthy digestion. Dilute with a base oil and smear 1-2 drops of Peppermint oil on the belly. You can also take a few drops in water or a veggie capsule to soothe the stomach. Peppermint is one of the ingredients in the ZenGest blend.
- Pests: Peppermint is a natural remedy for pests like ants, cockroaches and mosquitoes.
- Mouthwash: One drop in a glass of water creates a mouthwash you can use to rinse.
- Toothpaste: If you make your own toothpaste, you can add Peppermint for fresh breath.
- Flavoring:Add Peppermint to a dessert or smoothie for a minty flavor.
- Muscle Support: Dilute the Peppermint with a base oil and massage to support muscles.
- Focus & Alertness: Mix equal portions of Wild Orange and Peppermint oil in your palms for alertness. Use Peppermint aromatic in the car on long trips. The combination of the following oils with Peppermint can be used for focus and alertness: Lemon, Rosemary, Bergamot and Cypress.
- Cool down: Put equal portions of Peppermint, Frankincense and Lavender in a spray bottle with water and spray on the body for a cooling and refreshing effect.